We offer valuation schedules for the following purposes
- Valuations for insurance
- Valuation for private sale
- Family division and divorce
- Valuation for loan security
- Please note that we do value watches on the premises. These would be sent to Safeguard in Birmingham but would be fully insured during transit.
At Plants we are fortunate enough to have Mrs Plant as our fully qualified jewellery appraiser, whom is a Fellow of the Institute Of Registered Valuers, and also a qualified gemmologist and diamond grader. She offers a wealth of knowledge gained from over 30 years within the jewellery trade.
We also use Safeguard Jewellery Valuations for watches and certain jewellery items.
We offer a free verbal consultation to discuss your jewellery appraisal requirements.
- Our prices are competitive and are charged on a fixed price per item basis as follows:
- Jewellery Items - £90.00 per item. Prices are INC VAT
- Watches - £150.00 per item.
- Price includes Lab Grown Diamond testing
- Special items with particular antiquity or rarity - Prices from £150 per item.
- All Valuations are complete with a certificated document which can be used for your insurance or probate needs. This document includes a full break down of every aspect of your item ie. diamond sizes exact colours, clarity's, metal weights, carats, hallmarks. Photographs, itemized values, and a certificate for your insurer should it be required. Also an online portfolio of your jewellers which can be accessed by the relevant authority in the event of a loss.
Valuations take 2 to 3 weeks to complete dependent on the items. We can offer a next day service but please contact us. The price next day carries a 50% surcharge.
It is absolutely paramount to have your jewellery valued by an Institute Registered Valuer regularly depending on your insurance providers recommendations (this is usually every three years). Most insurance providers will only accept a professional valuation produced by a valuer from the Institute Of Registered Valuers.
Please click here for the Institute of Registered Valuers website .
Please do not hesitate to call or email and speak to us if you have any questions about your valuation requirements. The contact details are shown below.
Mrs Avril.F.Plant FNAG FGA FIRV HRD CDG
Tel: 01785 819981 – All our staff are able to advise about our valuation service and can organise a return call from Avril should it be required.