- Valuations for insurance
- Valuation for private sale
- Family division and divorce
- Valuation for loan security
Price are as follows:
£100 for the first item then £50 for every additional item, including VAT.
At Plants we are fortunate enough to have Mrs Plant as our fully qualified jewellery appraiser, whom is a Fellow of the Institute Of Registered Valuers, and also a qualified gemmologist and diamond grader. She offers a wealth of knowledge gained from over 30 years within the jewellery trade.
We offer a free verbal consultation to discuss your jewellery appraisal requirements.
All of our valuations are carried out on the premises and all items are fully insured while they are with us.
- Our prices are competitive and are charged on a fixed price per item basis as follows:
- £100.00 for the first item, £50 per additional item. Prices are INC VAT
- Special items with particular antiquity or rarity will be quoted for.
- All Valuations are complete with a certificated document which can be used for your insurance or probate needs. This document includes a full break down of every aspect of your item ie. diamond sizes exact colours, clarity's, metal weights, carats, hallmarks. Photographs, itemized values, and a certificate for your insurer should it be required. Also an online portfolio of your jewellers which can be accessed by the relevant authority in the event of a loss.
Valuations take 1 to 2 weeks to complete dependent on the items. For a same day service please phone in advance to make an appointment, please note that a same day service is only available for five items or less.
It is absolutely paramount to have your jewellery valued by an Institute Registered Valuer regularly depending on your insurance providers recommendations (this is usually every three years). Most insurance providers will only accept a professional valuation produced by a valuer from the Institute Of Registered Valuers.
Please click here for the Institute of Registered Valuers website .
Please do not hesitate to call or email and speak to us if you have any questions about your valuation requirements. The contact details are shown below.
Mrs Avril.F.Plant FNAG FGA FIRV HRD CDG
Tel: 01785 819981 – Please note Avril is currently working from home due to the pandemic. All our staff are able to advise about our valuation and service and can organise a return call from Avril should it be required.